Service Mode on an MZ-R1
Shawn Lin ([email protected])
To get into Test Mode...
- With an AC cord unplugged and battery removed, short JR106 with
- Plug-in the AC cord, and the TEST mode will be activated.
- To deactivate the TEST mode, remove the solder jumper.
To "reformat" an MD...
- Erasing of UTOC area
CAUTION: This should be executed only when the contents of disc are
not erased completely through ALL ERASE operation because the contents
of UTOC area are all erased, resulting in an empty disc just as a new
- Press NEXT key to move optical pick up to a proper position in
- Press PLAY key and PLAY MODE key to place the set in ALL SERVO ON
- When pressing ENTER key, the pickup makes an access to inside
track, erases UTOC area, and stops.