Using the R30 as a thermometer
Ico Doornekamp ([email protected])
DISCLAIMER : Doing the following is completely at your own risk.
I am not responsible for anything bad that may happen to anything or
Using your R30 as a thermometer
The R30 has a built in temperature-sensor to prevent overheating of the
device. In testmode the exact temperature (inside your R30) can be displayed
on the LCD.
- Bring the device into testmode by connecting a 24K resistor to pins 2 and
4 of the headphone remote control connector. The display should flash.
- Press >>. The display says "SERVO" now.
- press Play 7 times.
- The display now says : 16 ##
- the number at ## is the temperature in degrees celcius
- To bring the unit back into normal mode, remove all power sources.
BEWARE : Don't push any other buttons. You are using the
testmode, which can be very dangerous for the device if you don't know
what you're doing!