MDLP compatible. New Sony Xplod series design. 30 radio station presets, 10 second anti-shock protection, volume synching with telephone system, multi-color display, bass/tweeter adjustment,CD-TEXT support, detachable faceplate.
- 18 FM, 12 AM Preset Stations
- 10 Second Shock Resistant Memory
- 1-Bit Converter
- 3-Color Negative LC Display
- Telephone Attenuate
- Wireless & Rotary Remotes Optional
- Flip-Down Detachable Faceplate
- SSIR-EXA Tuner -- Sony's proprietary SSIR-EX tuner technology which can
actually adjust the tuner's bandwidth, depending on current environmental conditions. Improved sound quality
and adjacent station interference result.
- MBP (My Best Position) -- Optimizes system for listener's position; one push; easy
- D-Bass -- (Dynamic Bass) Sony's unique low frequency enhancement system which
provides up to 18dB of gain to frequencies below 75Hz, without midrange coloration or interference.
- Preamp Output -- Typically found on headunits, a preamp output provides low level,
high quality audio signal for use with external amplifiers. Provides an ideal expansion point for high
quality audio systems.
- MD/CD/TV Control w/Custom File -- The ability of a component to operate a CD or
MD disc changer and a TV tuner.
- Custom File -- A feature package that provides intuitive and safe source
management for an audio and A/V system. Examples include Disc Memo , Station Memo and Memo List.
- CD Text -- A compact disc and player feature utilizing disc, track and artist
information encoded directly on the CD media. Both playback and media components must have CD Text
- Station Memo -- A Custom File feature that allows the user to assign an
eight character name to a tuner frequency.
- Shock Resistant Memory -- An electronic circuit that stores the audio data stream
from a CD or MD in a memory buffer. If the laser pick-up mistracks, audio still flows from the buffer
preventing an interruption.
- Wide Bit Stream Processing -- This technology maintains 20-bit precision through
the recording process for clearer reproduction of delicate, low-level music.
- 8x Oversampling -- A digital filter which calculates 7 additional samples between
those taken from the disc which provides a closer representation of the original analog signal and therefore
better sound quality.
- Negative LC Display -- A liquid crystal display employing a dark backfield with
its elements. This results in a primarily dark display, which improves cosmetic integration with a dark
- Flip-Down Detachable Faceplate -- A DIN headunit
who's faceplate hinges at the bottom to reveal a media loading
slot. Provides a larger area on the face for the display and
50W x 4 speaker output.
User Manuals: MDX-CA680X, MDX-CA680
Service Manual: MDX-CA680X