Cost-reduced version of MZ-NH1.
- Jog-dial on front of case (similar to iPod).
- Stick-type, backlit remote.
- Charging stand (without USB connection)
- USB connection on main unit.
- Auto Personal Disk Memory capacity: 18 discs of 500 tracks/9 discs of 2047 tracks.
- Bookmark function (up to 2047 tracks).
- Program (64 songs) / Group Program (20 groups)
- "VPT" Acoustic Engine (Virtual Phone Technology = Virtual Surround)
- 6 Band Equalizer
- Mic sensitivity (high/low) selector.
- Digital pitch control (allows playback speed change without pitch change).
- Quick Mode
- NiMH gumpack battery (NH-10WM)
- Digital amp.
- Body construction: Aluminum/Plastic.
- Colors: Silver, Black
- Principal differences from MZ-NH1:
- No Date-time stamp.
- NiMH rechargeable cell (vs. LiIon).
- Has external AA battery case so that alkaline AA cells can be used as well as the NiMH gumpack cell.
- Common to Hi-MD recorders:
- Records to Hi-MD (1GB) blanks and normal MD blanks reformatted to 300MB.
- Provides PC uploading of audio recorded from microphone or line input.
- Functions as USB data drive (FAT format filesystem).
- Linear PCM and ATRAC3plus recording at 256 ("Hi-SP") and 64 ("Hi-LP") kbps.
- Included software: SonicStage 2.0 and SimpleBurner
- Operating power provided over USB bus when connected to a PC.
Markets: US, Europe (Japan?)
Accessories: Charging cradle, external AA cell case, remote, NiMH rechargeable battery, AC power adapter, optical cable, usb cable, headphones, carrying pouch
User Manual: MZ-NH900
Service Manual: MZ-NH900
|Battery life PCM/Hi-SP/Hi-LP||Play||Record||Recharge|
|5/8/10 hr||4/5/6 hr||2.5 hr|
|AA x 1||10/18/23 hr||3/5/5 hr|
|Both||15/26/33 hr||7/10/11 hr|
|Battery life SP/LP2/LP4||Play||Record||Recharge|
|9/10/12 hr||5/7/7 hr|
|AA x 1||18/22/25 hr||7/8/10 hr|
|Both||27/32/37 hr||12/15/17 hr|