Photos: Mike Sloan
Photos: Tina Ryan
|portable MD recorder|
|In: mic, line, optical. Out: headphones/line, DC IN: 1.2VDC-5.0VDC||78.9 x 17.8 x 71.9mm, 140g (w/batt), 115g (body only)|
- Trace-back recording (formerly only available on MD decks) stores
5, 10 or 30 (user selectable) seconds of audio in memory while in
REC-PAUSE state; when the user presses REC, recording actually begins
5, 10 or 30 seconds prior to the button press.
- Record breaking battery life: 120 hour playback, 64 hour recording.
- World's first MD recorder with 1-bit digital amplifier (uses 4 conductor headphone
plug and jack).
- MDLP support (but not NetMD).
- "Favorite Playback" allows selection of up to 10 favorite tracks that
are played when in Favorite Playback mode. These tracks are remembered
for up to 9 different MDs in the recorder's memory.
- Playback Speed control in 5 steps: -30%, -20%, 10%, +5%, +15%
- First Sharp recorder with Treble control. Bass boost functions as
it did on previous units, but treble adjustment is now available (in 5
steps: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2) after bass setting is selected.
- Equipped with a charging stand.
- Alarm timer from 1 to 99 minutes (to avoid missing train stops).
- New group mode function starts a new group when group button is pressed during mic recording.
- Backlit LCD remote.
- Microphone sensitvity setting (HIGH/LOW) incorporated into recording level control.
- Available in Silver, blue and pink.
- In common with all modern Sharp portable recorders:
- Synchro recording for digital and analog (LINE/MIC) sources.
- Character Stamp (Sharp feature since MD-MS200 that
provides quick title text transfer from original to newly recorded disc)
- Recording level control may be adjusted while recording is underway.
- No automatic recording level setting.
Variants: Unit is badged "MD-DR480" in Singapore (Asia?). Euro
variant is sold without charging cradle as the MD-DR470. Discussion of variants
Accessories: Backlit LCD remote, Headphone, NiMH battery, AC adaptor (auto-sensing 110-240AC in Asia),
externally attachable AA drycell case, Charge stand, Manual. In Europe: optical cable (TOSlink to 3.5mm),
analog cable (RCA to 3.5mm), carrying case. MD-DR480 (Asia): additonal ear buds (as well as headphones), AD-USB1 analog PC-Link (USB->analog) adapter, optical cable (TOSlink to 3.5mm), analog cable (RCA to 3.5mm) 4-Pole ->3-Pole conversion cable.
- Output: Headphone: 8mW+8mW (32 ohms, RMS), Line 250mV (10Kohms)
- Input sensitivity: MIC H: 0.25mV (10kohms), MIC L: 2.5mV (10kohms), LINE: 100mV (20kohms).
User Manual: MD-DR7
|Battery Life |
Remote LCD off, VOL 15
|27/35/42 hr||10.5/15/22 hr||Full: 5.5 hr, 90%: 3.5 hr|
|AA x 1||41/59/71 hr||13/22/38 hr|
|Both||72/100/120 hr||28/43/64 hr|